Friday, July 20, 2007

Six Months Old

Dane turned six months old on Tuesday, and had his well-check today at the pedi's office. He weighs 18.2 lbs and is 27 inches long. For comparison, Ava weighed 18.8 lbs and was 28 inches long . . . at 12 months! Dane is growing like a weed, and he should, because he also eats like a pig. He's eating two meals per day of cereal and a fruit or veggie, and is still nursing 6 or 7 times per day. No teeth yet, but he's working on it, judging by all the drooling and chewing. Aside from a rashy face caused by all that drool (his skin is still very sensitive), he is in perfect health! Here's what Ava looked like at six months old:Dane is going to be my wild child, I think. He's already scooting all over the floor, mostly trying to get to Ava's toys. It's not exactly crawling, and it's not pretty, but it gets him where he wants to go! He can also be really difficult to hold, because he's such a wiggle worm. Sitting through a church service with him is getting interesting. Oh, and he's getting more vocal, too. He babbles constantly, and the latest sound he's learned is a growl that doesn't sound like it should come from a baby! I've got some videos of him in action that I'll post once I get them uploaded to YouTube. So, stay tuned!

No comments: