Ava "swimming" a lap with a barbell:
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Swimming Lessons
After Ava had so much fun taking swimming lessons at the New Haven pool last summer, I decided to enroll her in lessons at the Y. She is once again the youngest child in her class, but she is doing great! I'm really impressed with the quality of lessons. By the second lesson, the kids were "swimming" the length of the pool with flotation devices, and today, during the third lesson, the kids were learning to float on their backs and starting to work on strokes with their arms. I got a few pictures last week, from my vantage point above the pool ~ due to space constraints, they don't allow parents to watch from the pool deck during the lessons.
Ava "swimming" a lap with a barbell:
Ava and her teacher, Miss Lyndsey. Ava talks about the other little girls in her class a lot. The little girl on the side of the pool is Margie, who will turn four this summer:
Ava learning to swim on her back:
After lessons, Ava is always so cold! I feel bad for her, so I treat her to a package of M&Ms every week. Swimming wears her out, too. She's working on a 3+ hour nap right now!
Ava "swimming" a lap with a barbell:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment