At the end of September, Ava's preschool class went on a field trip to pick apples at
Centennial Farms in Augusta, MO. Dane and I got to go along. Aside from being eaten by mosquitos, it was a lot of fun . . .
First we took a hayride out to the apple orchard, where each kid got to pick three Jonathan apples. To pick an apple, you twist, twist, twist:

Twist, twist, twist:

"Oooo, apple!"

"How 'bout them apples?" (Sorry, couldn't help myself)

Ava's preschool class posing for a picture on the hayride wagon:

Don't let the funny look fool you, Ava really had a great time!

Watching the apple-sorting machine in action:*


Me and my kiddos (please excuse the funny look on my face. I didn't know I was being photographed):*

After learning how apples are sorted, the kids went into the walk-in cooler where apples are stored, picked two Gala apples out of a big box, and learned about beekeeping. The kids got to see a real working beehive:*

After a snack of apple butter on Ritz crackers, we headed home, but not before Dane made a new friend:

*These pictures are courtesy of Mollie's mom. After a while, I got tired of juggling kids and camera, and just gave up on the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment