Saturday, November 29, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, it's a perfect time to post pictures from Halloween! Not really, I'm just that far behind. I wanted to share these pictures, anyway.

Ava dressed up as a fairy princess, complete with crown, jewelry, pink sparkly shoes and magic wand:Dane dressed up as monkey. He was obviously not happy about wearing the hood.Then we gave him his pumpkin bucket and a couple of gourds, and he was happy, sort of:A spin on Ava's tricycle made him really happy:Just because I think it's cute, here's pictures of the kids in their costumes buckled into their car seats:Our first (and only) stop was at my mom's house. She made up HUGE buckets of treats for each of the kids. Of course, they had to sample the goodies:To distract the kids from eating too much candy, we headed upstairs. Last winter, my mom cleaned all our old toys out of the attic and turned my old bedroom into a playroom. The kids were in heaven! Ava loves this old spring horse. Somewhere, I think there are multiple pictures of me riding it. Must be genetic:Then she found a pair of "noc-wee-urs". She used them to shrink whatever she was looking at:Dane practiced for his first day of school:My brother Charlie, sister-in-law Karen, and little nephew Kyle came by a little later. Kyle was an adorable little skeleton. He loved all the toys, too!Uncle Charlie and Dane built . . . something . . . out of Popoids:
And that was the extent of our Halloween activities. I had a cold and didn't feel up to taking the kids anywhere else, but the kids had a great time just the same.

No comments: